Junior Data Analyst
Who we are
At 4C Strategies, we combine our expert knowledge and software services to make the world a safer place.
We are a leading provider of organisational resilience, operational readiness & training solutions which we deliver through our Exonaut® software and consulting services. We provide a tailored approach to help our clients be ready to face modern challenges, keep their colleagues, customers and partners safe.
Since our creation in 2000, our people, processes and software expertise have been proven in mission critical environments within the public, private and military sectors and we now serve over 200 clients in 70 countries around the globe.
About the job
- The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver Qlik Sense analytics, dashboards and visualisations to our customers as part of the Exonaut® software solution.
- Produce data, analytics and insights from multiple data sources including simulation systems and other proprietary databases.
- Reporting and dashboard development.
- Deploy to remote environments to support the responsive development of training analytics in support of Customer Exercises.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues from the US, Nordics and International sales, implementation, delivery and software teams.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting stakeholder requirements and developing appropriate Qlik Sense solutions.
- Supporting the Development, maintenance, and deployment of Qlik Sense applications, including data modelling and visualisation.
- Assist with the administration of Qlik Sense Enterprise deployments.
- Contribute to Global product development by supporting test and evaluation within customer context / environments.
- Good understanding of relational database design and data models (essential).
- Experience building data models in Qlik sense from semi-structured source data (Desirable).
- Experience querying REST APIs, preferably using Qlik Sense.
- Experience with Data Warehousing, Advanced Analytics (Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning) is preferred.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources to produce valuable insights.
- Ability to translate complicated methods and results into plain language, both in speaking and writing.
- Willingness to learn, grow and advance as part of a team and a desire to work in a dynamic (no two days the same) environment.
- A practical hands-on problem-solving approach.
- Must be flexible and have well developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and prioritise workload and willing to travel for periods of up to 3 weeks to support projects; including in Austere environments
Experience and Education
- 2+ years’ experience in an analytics role, with preference to roles with a direct customer focus.
- Experience with data visualisation tools; demonstrated capability with Qlik Sense is preferred.
- Experience supporting solution development and sales is desired (not essential).
- Tertiary Qualification in computer science, data science or other relevant discipline.
- Successful outcome of a National Police Check.
- Be able to attain and maintain an ADF Security Clearance (NV1).
We are on a mission to build a safer society and are looking for talented, passionate people to join our global team.
Our customers work in mission critical environments. They expect us to go above and beyond, every day, and our teams do a great job in supporting each other to solve complex problems. This often leads to new, innovative solutions, which broadens our reach and opens up new opportunities for 4C as a whole.
We have a dedicated team in the UK and we are expanding the business both in Europe and APAC at the moment. There will be great opportunities to have an impact on our journey going forward.
4C Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply care about making everyone feel they can be their true self at work.
We strongly encourage people of all colours, background, sexual orientation, sexual identity, and ability to apply. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you would prefer us to use (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.